Do you know a climber who remembers where they were when they learned that Everest had finally been climbed? Have they "upgraded" boots by putting nails through the soles?
Then an American Alpine Gift Membership is a perfect way to reconnect them to the community they originally fell in love with. Here's what they'll get with their membership:
- The American Alpine Journal that chronicles the best climbing stories of the year to relive past climbing adventures.
- Accidents in North American Mountaineering that deconstructs major accidents from the year to explore how safety has evolved.
- $5000 in accident insurance and a $5,000 rescue benefit package just in case something does go wrong out on the trail.
- 20% off everything from Patagonia online to help keep her or him warm.
- And many, many more...
Your funds also directly support the conservation efforts of the American Alpine Club so we can protect the mountains we hold so dear.
The Senior Membership includes everything that our Regular Membership does at a lower price. Regular Membership is $75/year and we discount the Senior Membership to $50/year (a 33% discount).
How It Works
- You purchase a gift membership
- We send you a promo code that's good for one membership
- You give the promo code to whoever you want, however you want (wrapped box, email, smoke signals, etc)
- She or he goes to www.americanalpineclub.org/register and signs up for a membership
- The promo code will reduce the price of the membership to $0.
Who qualifies for the Senior Membership?
Anyone and everyone over the age of 66. They may remember needing an application and references to join, that's no longer the case. There's no application and no required references. We want to help inspire as many climbers as possible and to support the entire climbing community.